Friday, April 17, 2009

Quilt Festival Spring 2009

Why Choose...



This is just a little thing but I love it!


It's a pattern I've created, I call it "Why Choose" because it's made from a pattern of diamonds and flowers and what girl really wants to decide between them when you can have both! It involves many things that I love in a very simple pattern.

It was quite an adventure figuring out the initial cutting but it went together so quickly and the flower is adorable!

It doesn't have a long story it just started as a sketch and an idea :) it came from my heart. I love pretty things and this one was a fun start for me! I have four little girls and if any of them were babies I'd probably have it in their crib! As it is it will probably end up a wall hanging for whoever can keep there room the cleanest! Hurray for incentive!



Amy from "A park City Girl" is hosting the Quilt Festival! So head on over to her site through the link above or the button on my sidebar and see lot's more quilts and quilt shops!



25 comments:

  1. That turned out great! I love the flower and the ric rak...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little quilt. It makes me think of spring. The rick rac is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Hill, Good Job...you are a quilter said to the tune of na na na

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very symbolic and the clarity of design is very pleasing. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely quilt!! love the pink flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely quilt. Love how it came together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this. The diamonds look very complex, which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! Somehow it reminds me of my favorite argyle socks, only much prettier ;) I can see why you love it, very creative! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the flower applique ontop of the diamonds adds a real spark to this simple and elegant quilt. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argyke and flowers. Greatquilt and preppy too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...love the rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute little quilt! You should be very pleased with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really cute! I love your color palette and your flower applique - great work :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sitting in my home office with my Beloved Spouse and I started giggling at your explanation of your quilt's title. BSP asked why I was laughing and I explained, to which BSP said "Oh, do you know her? If not, it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"

    :)

    Your quilt is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the sweetest quilt! I love the simplicity and beauty of it. Your girls will have uber clean rooms as they try to "win" this wall hanging :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing is better than a quilt that comes from your heart. Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute name! it reminds me of argyle (good thing)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My family has an argyle obsession. LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that flower on it. It's something I have in mind to do to "rescue" a quilt I have made but don't love.
    Yours is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some happy thoughts~