Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Legen... wait for it... Dary!

So before Market I was a little crazy. I was going to be leaving for market a week before it started and I had to be totally ready and then make sure my family was ready for the 10 amazing days I would be gone! :) hehe, it was a happy crazy!

During that time I was lucky enough to get a sample bag pattern by the Tiny Seamstress to make and share with everyone at Quilt Market! Who doesn't love the job of sewing and being walking advertising! I was super excited! Well my good friends at the MSQC helped me find some great fabric and this is what we came up with for the Tiny Seamstress' "Legendary Bag" pattern!

So get ready for a little pattern review.
1) The instructions are very clear. There were very few things that I had to read twice.
2) Love the way she uses the contrasting fabrics. Check it out.
*I bought an extra 1/4 yard of fabric for the straps because I wanted the contrast but not as extreme as my inside contrasting fabric. I'm really happy with it.
3) Love all the pockets! You can tell a mom designed this bag. But not just any mom a trendy mom who likes to have her lip gloss, cell phone, and extras separated from the kids snacks, and little toys because no I don't carry a diaper bag but yes I still want to keep my kids happy :)
4) Her patterns are reasonably priced around $9 for some very custom looking stuff!

The only cons I've found so far are that I wish it had a closure. It wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be because the straps really support the bag and keep things together but in general I'm a fan of some type of closure! Magnets, zippers, arguments, and relationships :) closure is good.

As a base I would totally feel comfortable recommending this pattern to friends and family and everyone. It's a large bag great for toting lots of stuff, very sturdy, and cute to top it off! Go check out her blog she's just announced her new spring line up and its all for sale at her shop! Don't forget to say hi from Hillary at Designing Happy!

I used It's a Hoot Trees in Fudge and Turquoise
and It's a Hoot Trees in Marshmallow and Banana
For my straps I bought Moda's Bella Solid Chocolate and Turquoise
Fusible fleece is my interfacing

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Leave me some happy thoughts~