Thursday, January 14, 2010

Populating Suburbia

Does anybody remember my Log Cabin Suburbia quilt along way back last summer?

Well that's what I pulled out of my unfinished because it's so scary pile :)
I've been wanting to finish this for awhile but I wanted to do something fun with the quilting,
so, I decided to do it.
I knew I could and I'm not finished yet, but,
I am in the process of populating suburbia!

Hehe! It makes me giggle a little to think about it like that :D
I've got 5 kids I've populated quite enough thank you!
For my quilt I wanted it to look a little like a town so I'm quilting sketchy little cars all around the sashings like they are driving around town!
Old trucks at the corner,
and a convertible speeding down the road, unfortunately that's not what I'm driving.
But that's ok because I have a house.
Yes my cute little sedan is pulling up in front of my adorable little house with the flower box windows.

Just a little starter house for me and my hubby, but it has a fireplace! Apparently.
And a circle window, that I think is way cool :D

I'm still working on finishing out all the streets. When I'm through the cars will probably be somewhat hidden and probably only the one quilted house some things are still to decided.
Hopefully I'll be showing you bigger pictures of my little town in a day or two!

I better watch out though, my daunting project is in danger of becoming seriously fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some happy thoughts~