Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vintage trims and a little stitching!

I got excited about a little embroidery this week! I've been working on a pattern for some Pay it Forwards and got a little practice in yesterday on these sweet little blankets!
I stitched on the names in white and then got into my vintage threads and pulled out some tiny crochet thread to accent the white on white monograms :)
And to top it off I got to dig into my ribbons and found some of my favorite pink sheers from who knows what year :D to wrap these beautiful little treasures! The only thing a little tricky here was that I couldn't mark out my pattern because of the types of fabric on the blankets (Thank goodness for quilting cottons!) and the little fact that I've somehow lost my water soluble pen... oops.
But I think with all the fun materials going into these they turned out beautiful!
If I do say so myself :D Oh well,

Hattie and Hannah
(Sweet vintage names too!)
I hope you enjoy your blankets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some happy thoughts~